Saturday, February 26, 2011

Daddy's 90th Birthday


This was a full week eventhough it was only a four day work week, Presidents' Day off. I returned to work from being out will for four and half days, and needless to say, all of my work was waiting for me. Also, this week was my father's 90th birthday, monumental for sure. My brother, just back from a tour of duty in Iraq wanted to be here for our dad on his special day, so he and his daughter flew in on Thursday. My dad and I have not seen either of them since mother's funeral last year this time.

All that said, my dad had the best birthday ever, he just wish mother could have been here. He said, "I met this milestone before Mother. It's the only one I have, with her birthday before mine. I wish she were here." It was a special night and reminds me of all the blessings and riches we can some times take for granted.

This is a picture of my dad circa 1960. Happy Birthday Daddy!

No comments: