Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week 13 of 52

A quarter of the way through, week 13! I do enjoy the this. I enjoy the process of composing the shot in my mind. I like thinking about what the topic of the week means to me or to others and what that might look like.

As I work through the beginning of this process I form a vague image that I try to replicate. Do I stage it? Can I find it? What kind of time do I have and when can I do it? Lighting, indoor outdoor? So many question to answer, problems to solve. I do like that. Pulling of the pieces together the create the one photo a week.

That creative process I need to "sharpen the saw" according to Stephen R. Covey author of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. He did not develop it, you know, all work and no play makes Jack or Jane a dull boy or girl. So, I'm making the effort to not make this Jane a dull girl. So, onward

The MCP 52 Project Theme is Just for Fun and my ongoing theme for 2011 is Structure. Just for Fun, the idea that popped into my head are Game Nights with friends. I have two groups of friends that I play board games with. One group I meet with regularly and we do have a great time often playing into the wee hours of the morning. We do potlucks, grill, bake, cook along with conversations, sharing stories, plans, celebrations, it is really a good time. The other group we meet maybe twice a year and do much the same. These Game Nights are just plain fun. It's not about winning, it's about the people and sharing our lives. The structure is the regularity of meeting and foundation and structure of friendships.

To see the other photos of this week and my other shots from this years 52 Project please visit my flickr site. Thank you friends.

No comments: