Saturday, April 9, 2011

Week 14 of 52


This week the MCP 52 Project theme is fusion. Fusion...my thoughts went to food, Asian fusion, California fusion, etc. Because I didn't have plans or the time to go to a restaurant, order and take pictures, I had to come up with something else. So, I thought about it for several days, exactly six. I thought about a black and tan. A beer that is a combination of a stout and pale ale in the same glass. This is a treat and few places serve it. As much as I'd like to have one, the time issue was a major stumbling block.

By Friday, the last day in the shooting time line, I had not acted on anything, and was beat from a week of insanity at work. I had a glass of pinot noir with some dark chocolate covered almonds the night before for dessert. They were a delicious kind of fusion. I thought of that as a shot for fusion, but a Friday night after a long hard week of work, I needed something a bit stronger. My one drink is a g and t with 3. Otherwise known as a gin and tonic with three olives. Tanqueray No. 10, Hendricks and Beefeater's Wet are three of my favorite gins. Smooth, fruity and light, you can't go wrong and you usually don't. They are so good, you don't even need the tonic. With the thought of my drink for Friday, I had my shot.

So here is my g and t with three. That is my Friday fusion. It is also a structure of unwinding after work.

No comments: