Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Lost Weeks

If you have been following my blog you will notice that there are a few weeks missing in this 52 Week Project.  After my Dad's death, the start of work and my new way of living, I've been figuring out how to juggle, order and prioritize all that there is to do.  I basically missed weeks 33 through 36.  Some of those weeks I did post to my flickr account and to the MCP Project 52.  Others I just didn't get to during that week's timeline presented by MCP Project 52.  Also, during that time, my computer died, the internet cut out and my cell phone was only working when it was plugged in.  I've been in a kind of technological Bermuda Triangle.  I think I've made it through Triangle with only a little bit of residue stuck to me.

So, here are the weeks that I missed:

Week 33 - Slow Down and Look Back

This was taken at a El Segundo Certified Farmers Market.  You have to slow down and look back to a time when things are just a littler simpler.  You stroll down the lane and peruse the wares of farmers and vendors of all kinds.  Enjoy as the musician and performers share their talent with all passers by.  Slow Down and look back. 

Week 34 - Connections

This was taken on from the Slauson Cut-off, what the Slauson exit was called back in the day.  This name comes from an old Johnny Carson routine where he played a character named Art Ferm, the Tea Time Movie announcer.   During one of the commercials, Art would give directions to a store as he points to a chart on an easel and says, "Take the 405 south to the Slauson Cut-off... "(wait for it...) "and get out and cut off your Slauson, "ba-dum-DUM"! (That's the sound of a rim shot).  I drive this on my way home from work.  This is a connection I make on my way home.  
Week 35 - Lazy

This is lazy because I didn't even get off of the ship when we pulled into port at the capital of Alaska.  This was a great cruise, I recommend it for everyone.  But I just didn't see the need to move out of bed or even get up.  No, this was not taken during week it was assigned but when I think of lazy and me, this is what I think about, getting up when I fell like it, eating when I feel like it and just hanging out until my friends get back from shore leave. 

Week 36 - Thirst for Knowledge
Who thirsted more for knowledge ("...my head I be scratching while my thoughts were busy hatching, if I only had a brain.") than the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.  This book, along with two others were loaned to me.  These are the original copies that have been passed down from grandfather to great child.  Each generation enjoying the stories of L. Frank Baum as they were originally written.  These books had the same effect on the then turn of the 20th Century as did J. K. Rowling had on the turn of the 21st Century. 

Week 37 - Momentous Moments and Week 39 - Man vs. Nature, I have not taken yet.  I will post them as soon as I'm able.  Week 38 - The Eyes Have It was posted, as you can see.


No comments: